From Abseiling to Wheelchair Rugby. New Sports Travel+ product launched
17th October 2017
DTW1991 is pleased to announce the launch of a new Sports Travel+ product catering for professional and amateur sportsmen, women and teams.
The Sports Travel+ policy is for participants, players, coaches, instructors, clubs, teams and family members wanting a travel policy to cover them whilst participating in a sporting or leisure activity trip in the UK or abroad.
The policy provides a comprehensive range of standard travel covers including cancellation, curtailment, medical expenses and baggage with a range of optional extensions available.
- There are over 150 sports and activities included with access to even more on referral
- Cover is provided for competition, training and leisure activities
- No limit on the number of people to be covered making it ideal for team or group trips
- Standard cover includes supplier or airline failure and legal expense cover
- Optional extensions include:
- hire of equipment mislaid or delayed by the carrier
- loss and theft of sporting equipment
- golf day cancellation cover for pre-paid green fees
- sporting events cancellation fees.
- Policyholders have access to our pre-travel advice and 24/7 emergency assistance service
- Medical screening of pre-existing conditions
For our brokers we offer:
- Direct access to knowledgeable decision making underwriters
- Flexibility to build a customised policy for their client
- Swift response to any ‘out of the box’ referrals
- An embedded web-based platform that enables the sale of the Sports Travel+ policy through their own branded website and customer facing link
- Ability to upgrade and amend policies mid-term and process renewals online.
“Our broking partners were looking for a product that could cater to professional sports teams and individuals as well as amateur enthusiasts. We wanted to provide a product that had traditional underwriting thinking but with modern delivery. The Sports Travel+ product has been engineered to do just that.”
Dipesh Patel, Deputy Class Underwriter – Accident and Health
For further information please contact:
Deputy Class Underwriter – Accident and Health
+44 20 7977 0877
+44 7884 589192
Underwriter– Accident and Health
+44 20 7977 0928